The following assignment sequence was used in a college-level research writing course. The progression leads the writer from introspection on social issues important to him or her through acts of advocacy, service, and action.
- Project 1: Live? Die? Kill?
- Project 2: Service/Activst's Guide to an Issue
- Project 2½: An Elevator (or soapbox) Speech
- Project 3: A Letter to the Editor
- Project 4: A Critical Reflection of Service
- Project 5: A Story of Service (Service/Activism Ethnography)
- Project 5½: Exhibit Display
- Project 6: A Beginning and an End
- The Final Portfolio